Thursday, September 06, 2007

OLIVER ASKS THAT YOU ADOPT HIS FRIENDS!

Are you looking for a companion to greet you when you get home after a long bike ride? Would you like to have a pet that will love you no matter how good of a bike rider you are? I know this isn’t normal content but this is a cause I feel strongly about…finding good homes for deserving animals.

Everybody has heard of the Nebraska Humane Society, but there are some other lesser known organizations out there that need your help in adopting some really great dogs. Click HERE to view adoptable dogs from the Jack Russell Terrier Rescue of Omaha. If you are looking for a wide variety of dogs and other pets that need someone to love them click HERE. The Town & Country Humane Society is a non-profit, no kill shelter that needs your help too!

The JRT Rescue and TCHS are located at the same place…just head South on 84th Street from Highway 370, a few miles down the road you will see the sign on the right side of the road.

Adopt a your new family member today so I can sleep easier!


9 comments:

VeloCC said...

How old is Oliver? Did you get him from the shelter?
JRT are my favorite dogs!!

BigWheelRider said...

Oliver is going on 2 years old...and yes we got him from the JRT rescue!

VeloCC said...

Cool!!

VeloCC said...

Would you be up for a "dog-meeting"?
I would love to see Oliver and learn more about him.
I would love to adopt a dog, but I am still a bit afraid to end up with a "probelm"-dog.
I do have one JRT, Mr. Whiskers, but I got him as a puppy. He is 2 years old.
If you are interested, please email me: veloccbatgmaildotcom

BigWheelRider said...

If you come out to Lakeside (168th & Center area) on Saturday 1-5pm for the "Taste of Lakeside" we will have a table and there will some dogs from T&C and the JRT Rescue.

We have been working with a lot of the Rescued Jacks...all are very well behaved...and are very smart as well as quick learners!

VeloCC said...

I have to work most of the day, but I might try to come by. I would love to meet you and the dogs:)

VeloCC said...

I was out there around 1pm, but you guys weren't there yet, or I didn't see you. I couldn't wait, since I was with a friend. Sorry to have missed you.

BigWheelRider said...

The volunteers that went to get the dogs were running late so we didn't get set up until almost 2 o'clock...I think a few dogs will get homes, there was a lot of interest in the pups we had there!

VeloCC said...

That's exciting to hear!!! I am glad:)
Let me know, when you go there next time, maybe we could meet up.